Tag Info

Hot answers tagged


Many of them are on my website at emanuelderman.com. Others I probably have anyway. Feel free to email me


I had read some of them; actually, it does not exist an on-line library that collected them (or, better, it existed here, but it seems the website does not work anymore). I reported here below some of them that you did not find: More Than You Ever Wanted To Know* About Volatility Swaps Model Risk The Volatility Smile And Its implied Tree Enhanced ...


the problem is that the pay-off has discontinuous first derivative. Try a contract with pay-off that is twice differentiable and it will probably work. The problem is that all the value comes from the tiny number of paths within $\Delta S$ of the strike, and these paths have huge value. This is a well-known problem. As the bump size goes to zero, the ...


we should first define some notation before discussing pricing. Let $t_0$ be initial time and $ t_1, . . . , t_M$ be pre-specified exercise dates with $t_0 < t_1 < · · · < t_M = T$ , the final maturity, and $Δt = t_m−t_{m−1}$. Without a loss of generality it is assumed exercise dates are equidistant. To price a Bermudan option, its value is split ...


Assuming zero interest, the put option has the price \begin{align*} KN(-d_2)-S_0N(-d_1), \end{align*} and delta $-N(-d_1)$. When $N(-d_1)$ units of stocks are shorted and invested in bonds, the total value in bonds is $KN(-d_2)$, which is indeed greater than the option price. However, as you have shorted $N(-d_1)$ units of stocks, your portfolio value is ...


It's a combination of too few sample paths and/or too small an increment. Your estimation error on the price is magnified by the $dS^2$. Try using a larger sample or a larger increment. Alternatively, you can use a multiplier instead of a fixed increment; in my experience, it usually yields better results.

Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible