Is there a way to get the math curriculum for FRM level 1 without purchasing the Exam? I wish to take a look at the math topics and see if I have any chance of cracking it. But I could not find an online resource that lists the math topics required for FRM 1.
See below. You can find out more here at the GARP website. You may need to register, but it's free. Download the study guide. The bullets below are from it.
- Discrete and continuous probability distributions
- Population and sample statistics
- Statistical inference and hypothesis testing
- Estimating the parameters of distributions
- Graphical representation of statistical relationships
- Linear regression with single and multiple regressors
- The Ordinary Least Squares (OLS) method
- Interpreting and using regression coefficients, the t-statistic, and other output
- Hypothesis testing and confidence intervals
- Heteroskedasticity and multicollinearity
- Simulation methods
- Estimating correlation and volatility using EWMA and GARCH models
- Volatility term structures